THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THIS APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Are you the type of person that likes building connections and fostering relationships with diverse individuals and organizations? Are you passionate about spreading the word about impactful initiatives and driving growth for organizations with a purpose? Are you someone who loves engaging with people online, over the phone, and in person? Interested in helping social impact leaders all over the country do their work better? A team player who wants to help grow a national nonprofit?
Then we are looking for you!
We are looking for a committed and detail-oriented individual to join us as our Director of Sharing. You will play a central role at RootedGood. The Director of Sharing will connect the resources and tools of RootedGood with the needs of the people and organizations we aim to serve. The DOS will serve as the primary person in the organization focused on sharing and distributing our resources with churches, church leaders, intermediary organizations, and others. The DOS will assist us in building and expanding the network of relationships and partners that we have. This is a full-time position that can be carried out from anywhere in the United States. You will have an opportunity to help shape and grow with, this young organization as part of our fun and dynamic team!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT
DIRECTOR OF SHARING
OUR MISSION: We equip catalytic and strategic leaders with resources and processes that build confidence and capacity as we collaborate to help the Church imagine and become something new for the good of the world, as it is today.
We launched Rooted Good so faith-based organizations can align money and mission, reclaim their relevance in a changing world, and be the Church the world needs today. As faith-based practitioners grounded both in theology and in economic development, we want to leave a lasting impact in our communities, to make good in the world every single day. We live from the fundamental belief that a different — better — world is possible.
We’re on a mission to equip leaders with the resources and processes they need to build their confidence and capacity as we collaborate to help the Church imagine and become something new for the good of the Other.
- ACTIVE LEARNING AND PRACTICE - RootedGood believes theory is not enough. Our work is deeply rooted in active learning and practice that empowers our partners with firsthand experience. That’s what sets us apart from anything else.
- COLLABORATION - We can’t solve today’s problems on our own, but we can ignite change together in partnership. RootedGood is relationship-based and committed to sharing meaningful insights as widely as possible to create ripple effects across communities.
- IMAGINATION - we believe that another world is possible. Out of a new imagination, we seek to solve today's wicked problems in order to see more flourishing for all.
The Director of Sharing (DOS) plays a central role in the RootedGood organization and will work closely with the RootedGood team. The DOS will connect what RootedGood has to offer with the needs of the people and organizations we serve. RootedGood has developed very effective resources, tools, games, and courses but needs to significantly expand our reach and distribution of those resources. The DOS will serve as the primary person in the organization focused on sharing and distributing our resources with churches, church leaders, intermediary organizations, and others. The DOS will be supervised by Co-Founder Shannon Hopkins. This is a full-time position that can be carried out from anywhere in the United States.
Responsibilities & Duties
The DOS will work in partnership with RootedGood Directors and other team members to engage increasing numbers of partners and customers with RootedGood tools, resources, and training. Specifically, the DOS will work on the following:
Networking and Relationship Management
- Create new relationships between potential customers (leaders, churches, intermediary organizations, pastors, and others) and RootedGood
- Nurture existing relationships and engage customers with new offerings from RootedGood
- Listen well to understand what people need and are looking for
- Interpret what RootedGood offers in context to help people know more about what is possible and available to connect solutions with needs
- Respond to inquiries for assistance that come in via various channels
- Attend in-person conferences and events across the United States
- Attend online conferences and gatherings
- Tune in to online conversations about issues that RootedGood is involved in, including on Facebook groups, Twitter, and other channels
- Set up and carry out demos of RootedGood resources
- Set up speaking engagements, master classes, and other opportunities to share RootedGood thought leadership and resources
Success looks like: New and increasing numbers of relationships with intermediaries, churches, and leaders; increased awareness and understanding of RootedGood and what we offer among target audiences; greater understanding within RootedGood of what our partners and customers need and are looking to purchase.
- Close and complete sales of RootedGood resources and services, including:
- Mycelium Network memberships
- Oikos Accelerator
- Oikos Cohort
- Oikos License
- Mission Possible game (through an intermediary partner)
- Other service contract work (Design Sprints, TI workshops, etc.)
- Consulting services
- Connect newly sold work with others on the RootedGood team to deliver
- Serve as a feedback loop to help RootedGood learn alongside customers and partners
Success looks like: Playing the central role in achieving annual RootedGood sales goals.
Communications and Marketing
- Use and develop the following channels to promote awareness of RootedGood resources and lead toward sales (in collaboration with the Director of Operations):
- Social media
- Google ads
- Video creation and sharing
- Website management
- Email marketing
- Other appropriate channels
- Serve as public relations lead by looking for opportunities to place news stories, share thought leadership from RootedGood, etc.
- Share and promote free insights, tools, reports, and other resources that RootedGood seeks to make available to users
Success looks like: Increased number of people engaging with RootedGood through multiple channels and an increased awareness and understanding of RootedGood and what we do and offer.
This position requires a person with experience and enthusiasm for marketing, sales, and communication, a willingness to take initiative and work independently, an entrepreneurial spirit, and who can work collaboratively with a diverse constituency to achieve mission outcomes.
- At least three years of experience in marketing, sales, and/or communications within Christian church networks in the United States
- Entrepreneurial spirit with experience creating and implementing something from the ground up
- Responsible self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Social media skills and experience, including Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Ease using and learning software and technology (Experience with any/all of the following: G-Suite, CRM/Database, Constant Contact, Monday.com Project Management, Zoom, Slack, and Webflow website editing is a plus.)
- An understanding of, and appreciation for, creating, supporting, and participating in diverse teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and appropriate interpersonal boundaries. Able to communicate in a clear, direct, professional manner
- Open to learning and growing in this position
- Understanding and fluency of social impact and faith-based organizations
- Experience working in a non-profit setting is desirable
All RootedGood staff are expected to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- MISSION OWNERSHIP: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, and values of RootedGood. Actively works to support the direction set by RootedGood Board and leadership.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Demonstrates skills of active listening and openly accepts feedback. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Holds others accountable in a spirit of love and maintains healthy boundaries. Engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and abundance.
- COOPERATION/TEAMWORK: Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with staff and volunteers; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation between others; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; when appropriate facilitates discussion before decision-making process is complete.
- COMMUNICATION WITH INTEGRITY: Communicates directly and appropriately with staff, volunteers, and community members; refrains from participating in gossip or inappropriate conversations about other staff, volunteers, and community members. Able to handle sensitive information appropriately–whether concerning community members or the organization. Retains confidentiality and facilitates safe handling of information with others.
- RELIABILITY: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and timely; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
- FLEXIBILITY: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying organizational needs.
- QUANTITY OF WORK: Produces an appropriate quantity of work; does not get bogged down in unnecessary detail; able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency and prioritize in a meaningful and practical way; organizes and schedules people and tasks.
- QUALITY OF WORK: Produces excellent and high-quality work, seeking to provide the best possible outcome for RootedGood.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect the mission and organization of RootedGood; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines, and directions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; is willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; takes informed risks; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
- $60,000-$70,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Contributions towards the purchase of medical benefits
- Retirement/savings contributions
- Flexible time off program
Review of applications will begin July 17th and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your cover letter, resume and two references using the form below
RootedGood is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.